Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:10:05 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Drew Eckhardt <drew@PoohSticks.ORG>
Cc:        seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

At 02:50 PM 03/30/2001, Drew Eckhardt wrote:
>In message <5.0.0.25.0.20010330134837.03f30d20@mail.etinc.com>,
>dennis@etinc.co
>m writes:
> >And lets face it. If MS had a good product, they would have a much larger
> >market share and linux would be a non-issue. MS just makes shitty stuff.
> >Its not about "open source".
>
>Directly, it isn't.
>
>Indirectly, it is.
>
> >its about how well it works.
>
>Although that comes from the software being open source.  If it's open
>source and broken enough to affect me or my employer,

This is a lot like trying to convince a jew that theres nothing wrong with
cheeseburgers.  Open source has its place, but its not going to take over
the world. Deal with it.

FreeBSD is not even better than Windows out of the box, because you need an
experienced unix person to set up the box. It doesnt matter if its better,
because you can't FIND experienced unix people. The economics of open
source will not allow it to dominate, because there arent enough good
programmers to make it work.

Im arguing with a guy from "poohsticks.org". What am i thinking? lol

db