Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 23:57:35 +0930
From:      Leigh Hart <hart@at.dotat.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ViaVoice...

Hi Amancio,

I presume from this that you had no luck getting it working?

The list has been deathly silent about it... I have managed
to get over the missing libary issues, but now I just core
dump (Bad system call) when trying to run the engine, and
this when I run vvuseradm:

/usr/lib/ViaVoice/bin/vvuseradm -newuser -userid hart
Connect: SmConnect() failed, rc = -4
Connect: SmConnect() failed, SM_RC_OK, Successful completion.

/usr/lib/ViaVoice/bin/vvuseradm: Connect() failed, rc = -4

*sigh*

Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> wrote:
> From one of  IBM's software engineers:
> ----
> Distributions - we're pleased to be shipping initially with Red
> Hat to make thistechnology widely available.  Caldera has signed
> on for a future release.  IBM is committed to supporting multiple
> distributions, and we expect there will be additional channels over
> time, particularly as we expand beyond US English.
> (Oops, I violated that "no strategy" rule!)
> -----
>
> Who knows if enough interest is shown from the FreeBSD camp ,
> the ViaVoice team may release their product for FreeBSD.
>
> The ViaVoice mailing list is at:
>
> http://viavoice.sparklist.com

Cheers

Leigh