Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 10:12:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   <HEADER> tag in sgml documents

I've tracked down the problem with section titles being formatted
strangely and/or truncated.  The problem is fairly simple, but
rather difficult to solve with the current architecture of the
conversion system.

As such, even though it is valid SGML to omit the
them.  Furthermore, the close tag (</header>) must be on the same
line as the open tag (<header>).

There is actually an entire class of tags which could be affected
in the same way but I have not gone through to shake them out.
I'd rather spend my time building a new processing system that
doesn't have the bug.  :)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============