Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2023 09:41:00 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ucom debug not working on releng/14

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 09:43:53AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> I thought that was a loader tuneable... have you tried it there?

It works on arm64 (Pi3 and Pi4) in sysctl.conf.

Adding
hw.usb.ucom.debug="1"
to /boot/loader.conf doesn't seem to make any difference, during
boot the armv7 releng/14 host still reports
sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.usb.ucom.debug' at line 10

I should have stated that it works on -current with Pi3 and Pi4
but does not work on Pi2 (armv7) with stable/12 and releng/14.
There's presently no -current armv7 host to test.

Thanks for writing!

bob prohaska