Date:      30 Jul 2002 07:02:46 +0300
From:      Juha Ylitalo <juha.ylitalo@iki.fi>
To:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/35037: New port: sysutils/cfengine2

--=-rjDPx6wT3jULJ5heCUhw

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 23:20, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/35037; it has been noted by GNAT=
S.
>=20
> From: Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
> To: Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, <juha.ylitalo@iki.fi>
> Subject: Re: ports/35037: New port: sysutils/cfengine2
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:19:19 -0700 (PDT)
>=20
>  On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Tony Finch wrote:
> =20
>  > This is my version of the cfengine2 port, for version 2.0.3.
>  > I'll commit if a ports person says OK.
> =20
>  Please do. I've been to busy to look at it, but it should get committed.

I probably should check those couple patches, that you've put into your
cfengine2 port, into my local port. While doing so, I would like you to
take look into my etc/rc.d/cfexecd.sh.sample and
etc/rc.d/cfservd.sh.sample scripts.=20
As second issue, you need to use post-install (or those previously
mentioned rc.d scripts or someother means) to run cfkey after
installation, because without local keys, your cfagent is pretty much
useless.
You also need link from /var/cfengine/bin to your
$PREFIX/usr/sbin/cfagent or otherwise cfexecd fails to execute cfagent
in scheduled intervals (yes, /var/cfengine/bin/cfagent is intentionally
hardcoded into cfengine 2.x.x for details, check Mark Burgess comments
on the issue in gnu.cfengine.* groups).

My cfexecd.sh.sample and cfservd.sh.sample can be found from
http://jylitalo.homeip.net/cvsweb/FreeBSD/local/cfengine2/files/

--=20
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>
"Some tools are used, because its policy, others because they are good."

--=-rjDPx6wT3jULJ5heCUhw

--=-rjDPx6wT3jULJ5heCUhw--