Date:      Fri, 11 May 2012 11:32:36 +0000
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@freebsd.org>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] SMP/i386 suspend/resume

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:10:19AM +0900, Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been working on suspend/resume for SMP/i386 for a week
> and created patches against CURRENT, RELENG_9 and RELENG_8
> available at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/i386-SMP-suspend-CURRENT-20120511.diff
> A lot of portion of the patches was ported from amd64.
> Testing on Thinkpad X60 (Core Duo T2300), so far so good :)
>
> I'll commit them against CURRENT hopefully next week.
>
> Thanks and have fun!

I just tried it on a Dell Precision M4400 (Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600),
running:

FreeBSD localhost 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #556 235262M: Fri May 11 06:07:31 EDT 2012     root@localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY  i386

(Writing from BSDCan; home mail machine seems wedged.)

It seems to work for me -- I was able to use the keyboard (Fn+F1)
to suspend; once I closed the lid, the power light visible on the
outside would blink slowly (about a 0.5Hz cycle time w/ 50% duty
cycle, estimated); when I opened the lid, the machine resumed
"automagically".  I tried it first merely from a vty, then from X
(nVidia driver, updated as of this morning).

I'll try stable/9 & stable/8 as time permits.

Thanks! :-)

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				dhw@freebsd.org
There is a use for spam:  it helps identify spammers.