Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2004 02:38:56 -0700
From:      <soralx@cydem.org>
To:        subhro@fusemail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: writing CD-RWs with DVD?RW and burncd

> Well can u just tell me you fixed which drive on which bus and did u
> configure them master-slave specifically or did u go with CS?

I have LG CD-writer as master and the Asus DVD writer as slave on the
second ATA channel, both configured specifically with jumpers. I also
tried disconnecting the CD-Writer and leaving the DVD writer alone as
a master on the bus. I can also add that they are interfaced with 80-
-pin cable, and the LG CD-Writer writes the same CDs and CD-RWs well.

> I don't
> believe that the DVD Writer is not ATAPI compatible.

I find that strange too :)

> There is some
> configuration glitch somewhere.

i wish
the other DVD writer I had (i returned it and bough the Asus one instead,
coz it was junk), although it was broken, could write a CD with 'burncd',
then, while trying to fixate it (on very high speed!) it failed or just
halted.

> Btw I hope u r using 4.9-stable?

tested on 4.6.2-RELEASE and freshly installed 4.9-RELEASE

Timestamp: 1073208443
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.org.ua/