Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:27:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      bad@ora.de (Christoph Badura)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Subject:   Re: I can't install FreeBSD on Seagate Medalist 1080sl (ST51080N) :(

> Robert Nordier has been working for some months on a complete
> and total re-write which also handles Win95 long filenames
> and other interesting extensions.

Since I don't know what the other extensions are this is probably
irrelevant.  Wolfgang Solfrank committed long filename and NT attribute
support in msdosfs last November to the NetBSD source.  Recently, he
checked in a fsck_msdos.  Perhaps you want to point Robert at this if he
doesn't already know.

--
Christoph Badura
O'Reilly/International Thomson Verlag