Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:26:40 +0100
From:      "Craig Edwards" <brain@winbot.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-security@freebsd.org" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: Root users shell == no existant shell /bin/bash

i'm relatively new to freebsd, having moved from linux, and as soon as i found the toor account i deleted it after research deciding that having two uid 0 accounts on my system was a really really bad idea. I guess there are times when its good to have a backup, but then you have to weigh up the costs of auditing that second account with its usefulness. In most compile steps, only one phase of the compile requires root (make install), which cuts down greatly the amount of time you spend as a superuser, and the amount of damage you can do (accidentally or otherwise).

Thanks,
Craig