Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:25:03 -0600
From:      Tom Kyle <tom@eos.umsl.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make installworld fails

Hi, I'm tracking STABLE and 'make installworld' fails part of the way
through the perl section:

===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/suidperl
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 511   suidperl /usr/bin
/usr/bin/sperl5 -> /usr/bin/suidperl
/usr/bin/sperl5.00503 -> /usr/bin/suidperl
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/library
install: opnames.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/library.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I blew away /usr/src, ran cvsup again, and then did a `make buildworld,`
'make buildkernel,' 'make installkernel,' and then the 'make
installworld', where it died in the same place with the same error.

My supfile contains the following:

*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr