Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:49:46 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Aaron Hilton <otri@uvic.ca>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: databases/py-psycopg

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:10:17AM -0700, Aaron Hilton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install django, but have run into all sorts of
> dependency snafoos.  What is your recommendation for sticking to
> FreeBSD 8.1 Stable as closely as possible and yet satisfy the
> Postgresql 8.0 or 8.1 dependency for django and the recommended psycopg?

My recommendation to install django is to execute the following
commands (as root):

# cd /usr/ports/www/py-django
# make install

That should take care of all dependencies, unless you have special
requirements? If unsure about how to install software on FreeBSD,
you can always check the appropriate section in the handbook, you
will find that on http://www.freebsd.org/

cheers, t.