Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:40:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert A. Sharp" <ras@nimh.jkcg.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   disklabel & booting

	I've noticed a lot of traffic about the same problem that I am
having as well:

	I installed FreeBSD 2.0.5-950622-SNAP onto a *virgin* 4G HD.  I
used the geometry that fdisk specified and the selected the standard boot
manager.  The HD will not boot.  I have been using a 3.5" floppy to boot
the HD.  If anyone knows of a fix or how this problem can be created, I
would suggest not only posting it here, but also adding it to the install
docs.  I have a "bad" feeling that I will be doing a backup and
re-installing just the bins, after having used the actual disk geometry.
Then dumping from tape back to the HD....

	Could that be the answer in and of itself??? -that you must use
the actual geometry of the HD in order to get it to install and boot?

Thanks!

:-)
-Andrew