Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:24:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <hamby@aris.jpl.nasa.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to type French characters in XFree86?

I can't figure out how to set up XFree86 2.2 to allow me to type the
French characters (é, è, ê, ç, etc.) from a US keyboard mapping.  The XKB
extension is confusing and poorly documented, and it doesn't seem to help
to disable it.  I would like to have a Compose key like the one on the
Sun-5 keyboard I'm using to type this message.  To get é, I type Compose,
then ', then e.  Thanks in advance for your help!

|Jake Hamby| Ask me about Unix, FreeBSD, Solaris, The Tick, BeOS, or NT, eh? |
"This space intentionally left blank."