Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:46:48 +1000
From:      Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tool make ordering, or something

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:37:26PM -0700, Pete Carah wrote:

> There is a 't' modifier to a format in bin/sh that just crept in;
> it prevents a cross buildworld under stable without NO_WERROR.
>
> Perhaps the compiler+libc needs to be built first?  (and does sh
> need to be a build tool; I'd hope the make scripts stuck to a
> fairly least-common-denominator shell syntax?)

The best we can do to src/bin/sh is to do something like this:

#ifndef BOOTSTRAPPING
		fmtstr(s, 64, "[%td] ", jp - jobtab + 1);
#else
		fmtstr(s, 64, "[%lld] ", (long long)(jp - jobtab + 1));
#endif

This isn't a particularly good example, because jp - jobtab + 1 is almost
always less than 1000. I think there are only 3 places that use new printf
format specifiers that aren't in -stable: miscbltin.c lines 429,455,
jobs.c line 224.

I don't know why sh needs to be a build tool anymore, but I'll probably
just add the #ifdef's for the moment.

Tim