Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 23:15:07 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spontaneous reboot

Hi all,

I just had something rather odd (and quite troubling) occur. My system just
spontaneously rebooted itself.  No good reason.  Nothing in the logs.
Nothing. It's worrisome.  Everything is wrapped - inetd boots up with -l -w
-W.  No hits in ipfw.log.

What would cause this, and how can I track it down?  As for being
repeatable, I don't know, and I hope not - it's the first time I can recall
this happening.  Currently running 3.4-stable.  Last build/installworld was
about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance,
John