Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:58:50 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .snap

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 08:59:04 +0200
Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to mount a filesystem with it creating a .snap directory?
>
> I mount a different partition for mysql under /var/db/mysql, but since
> there's a .snap directory, mysql thinks there's a .snap database

 :-D

>(the
> name is actually a bit complexer).

You can tell mysql where to look for pretty much anything via my.cnf, or
rc.conf settings (i think you want to do the latter).
- the /var/db/mysql is the default, but by no means unchangeable.

for example, mount your partition in /mnt/dbs , make a
directory /mnt/dbs/mysql  and point mysql to this. the .snap will be
in /mnt/dbs .

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Software is like sex, its better when its free"
   Linus Torvalds

Warned.