Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:50:44 +1000
From:      Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Q] Wanted. CHAP secrets file. Name and configuration

Hi all,
getting there after much drama, and a lot of help from friends
looking in dark places...

What is now needed is an understandable example of a CHAP secrets
file to go with ppp (NOT pppd)

Is it called chap-secrets. chap.secret, pap.secret still? and
exactly what goes in it.

Is the server name the name of the PPP link at my end? ie remote2
and the remote NT server remote1, and the secret anything I like?
or must it be my actual password?

Given that the NT end of the ppp link is called remote1.x.x.x, and
my end of the ppp link is called remote2.x.x.x, do I simply use;

/etc/ppp/chap.secret	(or is it ppp.secret) even though using chap
#client		server		secret
remote2		remote1		"May the force be with you"

However, MY actual server, on my network is called 'nanguo',
and the NT server is actually called 'matt'

so does one use "nanguo   matt   "May the force be with you"

instead.

or none of the above.
--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.
Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.