Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:24:27 -0600
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@ve7tcp.ampr.org>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: option MROUTING

    Jamie> MCI knows what an MBONE feed is.  I believe the address you
    Jamie> need for MCI is mbone@internetmci.com.  They used to offer
    Jamie> this free to high bandwidth clients.  I don't know if it's
    Jamie> still free or not.

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I could never figure out where ISP's get off
trying to charge me for something that *reduces* their infrastructure
costs. Unless, maybe, they charge by the packet/byte and actually *want*
all those redundent unicast streams running up the meter :-(

Has anyone every signed a network services contract that specifically
excludes routing of IP addresses in the multicast block? I've never
heard of an ISP getting sued for breach of contract by not providing
routing of all IP addresses (i.e. including multicast) ...

--lyndon