Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:30:48 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   misc questions re setting LANG

	Does anybody know howto set my env to iso.8859-1 (Latin1)
	so that, say [Alt]-i will produce an e-aigu?  I think that's
	e-acute.  I have it partlyworking in regular xterm.  I can type
	the string

	% cafe

	with the final e being  hex-e9 and I get

	"zsh: command not found: \M-i"

	which makes sense.  It would be nice to see the cafe echoed with
	the aigu over the e, but whatever.  On both the Gnome Terminal
	and the KDE Konsole, zip, nada, nothing.  I've tried "Setttings"
	for the Konsole terms. No joy.  I don't know where to mouse and
	click for Gnome.  Oh,and most of the time in vi no Latin1 chars.

	thanks for any clues!

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix