Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:46:11 +1100
From:      Alan Garfield <alan@fromorbit.com>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Subject:   Re: cvsup*.au.freebsd.org ??

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 13:32 +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Alan Garfield <alan@fromorbit.com> wrote:
> > I also find that the cvsup6.au.freebsd.org is totally useless. It
> > doesn't carry src-all and this effectively makes fastest_cvsup useless
> > for me because when I do 'make update' in /usr/src it selects cvs6 and
> > fails.
>
> Hmm, that's Planetmirror, isn't it? Have you tried contacting them?

No I haven't had the time really. It's a minor annoyance in the grand
scheme of things. I generally just manually override SUPHOST if it
doesn't work.

> > SUP_UPDATE=true
> > SUPFILE=/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
> > SUP=/usr/local/bin/csup
> > SUPFLAGS=-L 2
> > SUPHOST=`/usr/local/bin/fastest_cvsup -q -c au`
>
> Neat - didn't know you could put it into make.conf like that.

Indeed, it makes updating a system really easy. Also I prefer csup over
cvsup because it doesn't rely on a stack of dependencies that are
otherwise unused on my systems.

Cheers,
Alan.