Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 18:27:49 +0200
From:      "Marcel.lautenbach" <freebsd@xtsy.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   running x-server in vmware doesn't work :-(

Hi folks,

I have installed FreeBSD 4.9 yesterday, in an vmware enviroment. So
far, everything works fine, but I don't get the x-server running. I've
configured everything so far. But there seem to be some problems with the
videocard. standard vga is not accepted by FreeBSD included vmware
drivers. I tried a litte around, but it won't work. On my other,
"real" computer I had no difficulties runnig the x-server and kde for
instance.

So, is there anyone who maybe has some experience with this matter?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in andvance

Marcel