Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:00:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@prinz.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        "brian j. peterson" <rbw@myplace.org>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UP1500 motherboard support?

Yoriaki FUJIMORI writes:

 > I hope so, of course.
 >
 > Probably, the url is
 > http://www.samsungelectronics.com/semiconductors/Alpha_CPU/UP1500/up1500.htm
 >
 > Although this board is for Alpha/linux platform, we have to push Samsung
 > that they should lend several boards to FreeBSD core team.
 > I am very curious about their pricing.

Heh.  Have them send me one too.  I did the UP1000 platform support,
but I'm by no means a core team member.

I suspect that it will nearly the same as a UP1000 from a software
perspective and it will either "just work", or will be so close to
working that I could get it working in less than a day.

They certainly look nice.  Given that the UP1000 is constrained by its
slow memory system, it would be interesting to see how much the DDR
helps.

Do you know if anybody is selling these?  My wife needs a new computer
-- she's a statistician and does floating-point intensive
calculations.

Drew