Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:16:33 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff@mountin.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jdp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CVSup core dumping

Hello,

Running 4.0S as of 3/29 and CVSup has worked without a hitch up through
about 2 days back.  Now it is core dumping with illegal instruction and
does this with cvsup7 or cvsup4.  One recent change was the addition of
Samba, which was not running at the time.  I removed it and rebooted with
the same results.  The only other change was to remove the comment from
some categories that I do not bother to update very often.  Long shot, but
it was another variable and CVSup then completed.

Alright, comment out my usual ports and once again remove the comments from
the additional categories I wanted to update.  Once again completed.

Then when trying once more after adding the usual ports ended up with
another core dump for a total of 6 now, which I saved.

Had no problems with doc, web, and system sources.

Also cvsup6 was refusing connections today, which I haven't seen and would
not expect for early Saturday afternoon.  CC'd John as maintainer.

tna

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve