Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:25:30 +0100
From:      icon <icon@nextfrontier.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   msdos/winnt4.0

Hi guys -
I'm running msdos 6.22 and windows NT 4.0 on my pc at home. occasionally
I login to my freebsd server and instead of using telnet I'd like to be
able to use Xwindows that comes on the walnut creek freebsd 2.2.2 cdrom.

My question is - is it possible to install freebsd on my home pc without
screwing up my life?

I just am nervous that trying to install FreeBSD on a partition will
screw up my NT settings or who knows what. When it comes to having faith
that NT will work without tripping over any changes I make, HAH!
I've have absolutely gotten sick to death of having to completely
reinstall and reconfigure windows (any version - as they are all quirky)
over and over everytime it burps. One of these days I'd like to get rid
of all Microsoft Products on my PC's - but many programs I have to work
with for my job only work under MS windows.

I'm currently running DOS6.22 and Windows NT 4.0 and all files are FAT.
I've got a Cyrix 686-166+ on a Tyan motherboard with 32 meg edo memory.
A 2.5 gig quantum bigfoot hard drive with an ATI 3D RAGE II video card.

By the way I'm basically a newbie to FreeBSD - BUT I LOVE IT! I wish you
guys would go commercial and blow bill gates and NT right out of the
water. If I had to choose between giving FreeBSD or MS $700+ for server
software I'd rather give it to you guys any day of the year.