Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:59:58 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
Cc:        olgeni@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug[?] In new local_startup and webmin3

Beecher Rintoul wrote:

> Strange, I have all those directories and there is a pidfile
> in /var. /usr/local/etc/webmin is the main webmin directory, and there is a
> shell script named "start". Running the rc.d script from the command line
> does start the miniserv.pl process.

Ok, I missed the fact that there is a setup script that you have to run
after the port is done installing, so I have all that stuff now.

> Removing the webmin_enable="NO" didn't
> change anything, it still doesn't start from boot.

Are you sure that you have webmin_enable="yes" in /etc/rc.conf or
/etc/rc.conf.local? I just tried booting twice, once with the =NO line still
in the script (and =YES in /etc/rc.conf.local) and it did not work. Once I
removed that =NO line from the script, it worked fine.

hth,

Doug