Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can anyone educate me on the packages directories?

Looking at my mirror today, I note the following packages directories:

wollman@xyz(15)$ du -ks packages*
487917  packages-2.2.2
551684  packages-2.2.5
0       packages-3.0
653201  packages-current
589325  packages-stable

This brings up a few questions:

1) What's packages-stable got that packages-2.2.5 doesn't?

2) I thought the ports crew had dropped support for -current, so how
come there's still a packages-current?

If I could lose just two of these, I might have enough space left on
my drive for the ports distfiles, which I really ought to be
distributing (because of the GPL).

-GAWollman