Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:46:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Random keyboard hangs w/ 2.0.5 on PC-Express 486's

I've installed 2.0.5-ALPHA on on PC-Express 486DX/33 and 2.0.5-RELEASE on
two PC-Express 486DX/33's, and each of the PCs will randomly lock the
keyboard.  I've found that telneting in and issuing a "kbdcontrol -r
normal < /dev/ttyv0" will free the keyboard, so maybe I'll just add that
command to root's crontab :-)  It even happens when running X.  The
systems have different models of keyboards.  1.1.5.1 used to work fine on
these systems.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu