Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:16:15 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Ethernet (aue) panics on 4.10 (kern/69319)

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:19:13PM +0100, Barry Bouwsma wrote:
> [drop me from replies and I'll catch up via the archives, thankz]
>

> Apologies for not finding this until a couple weeks late...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:08:15 +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
>
> > Is anyone else using USB Ethernet - particularly anything that uses the
> > aue(4) driver - on FreeBSD 4.10, with or without success?  I have a
> > reproducible panic when aue(4) devices are first brought up, ie. on the
> > first ifconfig(8) of the device, with two different adapters on two
>
> Ah, I'm actually trying to get an axe-type device working based
> on code lifted from -current, as I picked up one of those type
> of adapters recently.  Is there any work/plan to MFC if_axe into
> 4.x before sending it to its demise?

I can have a go at MFCing if_axe, but I don't have any suitable hardware to
test on... hopefully you're volunteering to make sure it works before it's
committed? :-)

If you already have some code that at least builds, that would be a great
start.

> I experience the panic when I `ifconfig axe0 something' the
> interface -- after a second or two, an endless stream of
> messages, no debugger, at best auto-reboot.

My patch for this was committed a few days ago, so you should be able to
get a bit further now...

> If I don't find that this has all already been done, I'll
> give a report about my hacks, if there's interest in adding
> if_axe to 4.11.

Please do - it would be good to have this in 4.11, and now would be the
right time to do it - the 4.11 code freeze starts on Dec 13th.

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon