Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:52:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to stop dhclient from overwriting resolv.conf

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Amy Wennings once wrote:
>
> > You may be happier using dhcpc  instead of dhclient. You can determine
> > whether you wish the resolv.conf or host name overwritten with dhcpc.
>
> I  was using  it  for a  while  before,  but would  rather  use what  is
> installed by ``make world''... Thanks!

	You can also specify it with dhclient. Take a look at
http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/dhcp.html. You can set what options you
want to receive using dhclient.conf. Then take a look at dhclient-script
and see what gets set where. Then you can set the appropriate combination
of flags in your dhclient.conf file.

	If worst comes to worst, you can always set the immutable flag on
resolv.conf. :) man chflags if you need that info.

Good luck,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter