Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 1995 22:36:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      sos@freebsd.org
To:        jdl@chrome.onramp.net (Jon Loeliger)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Silence on the Western Front...

> Well folks, except for one comment from Bruce about why a crock
> register read was done, I've not gotten a scrap of input from
> anyone one else on the ATAPI driver.  In the last message I even
> asked if anyone was interested in it besides me....  Does this driver
> work for everyone else?

After applying the latest changes vak has done it work pretty
good for me (a FX400 Mitsumi drive), I have no idea if the audio
part is working though (I have heard roumors that it doesn't)

> Others who I've seen express interest are or have exchanged a piece
> of mail or two are:
>
>     Steve Wallace, swallace@eng.uci.edu
>     Soren Schmidt, sos@FreeBSD.org
>     Steven Schwarz, schwarz@optigfx.com
>
> At least one of these people said he didn't have time to pursue it
> further at this point in time.  Fair enough.

That was me :(

> Paul Richards <paul@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > I'll try and find the problem with my drive this week. I think we'd better
> > try and find a lot of IDE cdrom owners out there to thoroughly shake out
> > this driver.
>
> Well, I'm trying to help shake it out some, I've been writing up what
> I find, I've asked for input, and it appears to be hitting a void as
> far as I can tell.
>
> Is anyone willing to help me look at this further?  At a later time?

I will look at this when I get at little better time than now, we
are gettin g into final test on a system here at work, so my attention
has to be centered here for the moment, sorry..

Soren Schmidt  (sos@FreeBSD.org | sos@login.dknet.dk)  FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time