Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:47:35 -0600
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        Stuart Rogers <srogers@cableregina.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache AND etc/host problem

FreeBSD has to be listening on that second IP.  You'll need an alias on
your machine to accomplish this.  The command is ifconfig.  Here is an
example:

ifconfig ep0 inet 10.14.37.20 netmask 255.255.255.255 alias

Of course your IP will be different, and possibly the name of your
interface. (ep0)  You can then 'ifconfig -a' and make sure your NIC is
really listening on that IP.

Good luck!