Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:52:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [CAM?] Device not configured...

Morning...

	AFter running fine for the past 12 days, I all of a sudden get the
following 'device not configured' for a device that has been live and
operational for those same 12 days.  Output from dmesg and an operation on
that device are:

grep da5 dmesg.boot
da5 at ahc2 bus 0 target 3 lun 0
da5: <Quantum XP34300 L912> Fixed Direct Access SCSI2 device
da5: 10.0MB/s transfers (10.0MHz, offset 15), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da5: 4101MB (8399520 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 522C)
hub# df /dev/da5s1a
df: /news/spool: Device not configured

So, the system saw it on the last boot, its been running fine...all of a
sudden it unconfigured itself?

How can I get it back, short of rebooting the system?  If I can?

Thanks...