Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:26:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
To:        patrick@watson.org (Patrick M Doane)
Cc:        ade@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, ortmann@sparc.isl.net
Subject:   Re: ports/20645: Update Objective Caml to 3.00

Mr. Doane is now the maintainer.  (I was surprised to see my name
still there.)

Thank, Patrick.

> Sorry for the delay in responding.
>
> There was a bit of confusion regarding this update as someone else
> submitting a patch without contacting the maintainer first. I've been in
> contact with the maintainer and we agreed that that the ownership of the
> port would transfer with the new version 3.00 for Objective Caml.
>
> It hasn't been a high priority for me to resolve this because the current
> port seems to be working just fine. The only change that needs to be made
> at this point is the change of maintainership.

Maybe one other thing could be (optionally) done:  The current port
does not install tcl/tk ahead of the O'Caml port.  The O'Caml configure
just goes ahead and omits the LablTk module; users might be surprised
at that.

But the current port is still completely ok as it is, except for the
maintainer line.

--
Daniel Ortmann       IBM Circuit Technology
2414 30 av NW, #D    E315, bldg 040-2

"The answers are so simple and we all know where to look,
but it's easier just to avoid the question." -- Kansas