Date:      04 May 1999 17:37:42 +0200
From:      Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   bt848: how to capture fields

Using a Miro PCTV card and the bktr driver (in -stable), how can I
recieve each field (even/odd) individually at 50/60 Hz?

Currently, my application extracts the fields from the combined image
that arrive at 25 Hz. This has two problems: Both fields are delayed
by 20 ms, and it's very difficult to get the timings right to display
the even field.

And are there plans to make /dev/bktr select(2)'able so I can avoid
that ugly signal interface (or are there other alternatives)?

Thanks,
--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld