Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:45:47 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: message systems Momentum in linuxalator

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:12:39 -0600, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> Has anyone run the MessageSystems Momentum email server in the
> linuxalator? Their supported platforms are linux and solaris, but
> having no experience managing either of those, I'd rather run it in
> FreeBSD.

I've personally never heard of it before, and looking at the product on
their website isn't very helpful. It's clear that it's an MTA, but I can't
for the life of me figure out what's so special about it. They keep
emphasizing "policies" and "routing" which is pretty basic stuff. I'd find
it hard to believe it's more flexible than Exim, but if there is a reason
why someone would use it instead of an open source MTA I cannot figure
that out.

I imagine if you have all the linux libraries it requires that it will
work just fine.