Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:51:03 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up a firewall with dynamic IPs

> I was checking out the firewall setup in /etc/rc.firewall, and noticed that
> the simple example relied on a fixed IP address for the external interface. I
> don't know ahead of time what IP address is going to be allocated to me before
> I dial up. Would it be possible to specify an interface (tun0) rather than an
> IP address?

If you use ppps internal filtering with HISADDR (not the actual IP
number), ppp is now smart enough to modify the rules when it
negotiates a new address with the peer :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>