Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:26:45 -0400
From:      Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
To:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Need help with internet setup.

I have fbsd 3.1-release running ipfw and natd to supply
my Netware lan with internet connectivity.  I am connected
to the net via ADSL.  I have several static ip addresses
and can get more if I need them.  Right now my provider
is doing dns, pop3 and web services.  I have a domain
name registered. (green-mfg.com)  I want to take over
dns and pop3 at my site.  I am not sure how to set this
up as far as the network is concerned.

1. Can the dns and pop3 server run on the fbsd box given
that it IS the firewall?  It seems to me that any services
running on that box won't have protection of the firewall.
I can run another fbsd box with pop3 and dns if that is what
it takes.  Additionally I would like to run apache at some
time in the future.

2. Is it going to be possible to run dns and possibly
pop3 while my provider is hosting my web site?  I'm confused
as to how there can be 2 sites with green-mfg.com.

Any tips or pointers to info are greatly appreciated.