Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:15:10 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.hda.com>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Summary of List of things to move from main tree to ports

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 11:11:42PM -0500, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.hda.com> wrote:
> > >     Ok, here's my summary.  Yah yah, I inject my own opinions.  Too b=
ad.
> > >     This will be my last posting on the topic.
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > Least Controversial:
> > >=20
> > >     games
> > >=20
> > > 	...  My only exception is 'fortune', which many third party
> > > 	apps (like xscreensaver) just assume exists on the system.
> >=20
> > Does anyone else expect "factor"?   It is the only thing I ever use
> > in games and there is one place I'd have to start installing it.
>=20
> Since we install gmp, we may as well do something like is done in
> src/contrib/libgmp/demos/factorize.c and then kill the static size=20
> limitation for factor(6).  That is, to make it even more useful if we do=
=20
> keep it.

Actually, I'd like to go the other way. The only things which use
libgmp in the tree are some crypto telnet stuff, and some NIS
stuff. It shouldn't be much work to make them use libcrypto instead.

I wrote patches for an upgrade to libgmp 3.0 a year ago but have held
off committing them because I'd prefer to do that instead.

Kris

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--