Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:48:40 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Nick Esborn <nick@capella.grayphics.com>
Cc:        Kory Hamzeh <kory@avatar.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which PCI enet card

Nick Esborn wrote:

> I have been very fond of the Digital Fast Etherworks card.  It's pricey at
> around $150, but it does 10 and 100 very well.  Its performance always
> surprises me, and it seems to use very little CPU.  Installation is easy,
> although if you are on 10baseT you need to make sure that you set it to
> run at 10 Mbits/sec.

I've seen them going here for $120. BTW, I have a couple of DE500-XA
(the older model, using the 21140). Now they have the DE500-AA that uses
the newer 21140A chip. Does the de driver get along with it? I know that
newer versions of the SMC 21240 based cards break, so I just want to
check if anyone had problems with the DE500-AA.

   [snip]
Nadav