Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 05:59:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, toor@dyson.iquest.net, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FYI: usage of new AIO calls

> > 2)	Why did you define your own interface instead of using the
> > 	SunOS/Solaris/SVR4/SCO interface:
>
>   As I recall from previous messages, this AIO interface is written to
> Posix.  The rest of your message should probably be addressed to parties
> at Posix on why and how they invented stuff.

Consider it done.

As Julian pointed out to me, the name spaces are non-colliding, so
there's still some hope of an aioread/aiowrite/aiowait/aiocancel, so
we can have the defacto standard interfaces as well as the POSIX
"we are a standards body, and Microsoft should bow to our authority"
``standards''.

Why don't they add same-function-but-incompatible interfaces for all
of the things in Win332 and not in UNIX while they are at it so we
can be assured that the situation is truly hopeless...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.