Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:41:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Rock Ridge CDs, dir depth limits

> As Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > - related: a working example of the mkisofs command for FreeBSD would
> > be nice. I can probably use the aforementioned sw to take the mkisofs
> > image to the actual disk.
>
> The mkisofs in -current sort of works.  You have to figure out which
> non-optional options to specify, but that's easy.  Trial&error until
> it doesn't dump core anymore. :-]
>
> Disclaimer: i've only tried it on the FreeBSD release CD which has a
> directory depth of 7 (for the file system CD).

> cheers, J"org

Keeping my feedback promise:

mkisofs seems to have no problems making the required depth CDROM
(it contains a really deep source tree).

I had to fix 2 things to make it (also) run on the DEC Unix box:

- cast the returned pointer of e_malloc() to the right type
- rename a number of directories from .adm (note the .) to something
  not starting with a leading .
  It just silently leaves out the .adm subtree... (??)
  A look into the name-rebuild part of the mkisofs source made me
  decide to take the easy 'mv' route ;-)

Wilko