Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 03:07:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      hqy2446 <hqy2446@is2.nyu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie question: ssh

I have a newbie question regarding X connection forward by ssh.

After I installed ssh-1.2.27 and ssh-2.0.13, I was unable to use 'X
connection forwarding' at certain servers.  Now I tried this command:

$ ssh -l [username] [remote host] xterm -display [my ip address]:0.0

xterm of the remote host was opened and I could run X clients on the host.

I want to make sure that this connection is secured or not by experts or
experienced users of ssh.

And one more question: What is the difference between above way of
connection and just a connection to a remote host by ssh(just like a
telnet)  and run X clinets at the remote host shell?

Thank you.

-Paul