Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 07:03:31 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, phk@critter.tfs.com
Subject:   Re: xload dumps core with new phkmalloc

And Satoshi said:

>That means it's not fine. :)

>MALLOC_OPTIONS=Z means malloc acts like calloc.  X libs shouldn't
>depend on that.

Yeah, well, forgive me for not spelling everything out in nauseous detail;
after spending hours building and rebuilding libraries (and finding nothing
wrong) I wasn't feeling particularly loquacious.

I tried Z, J, and nothing; xload works fine for me using phkmalloc.

X libraries do *not* depend on the memory being zeroed.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY