Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 02:17:24 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS PnP Support

This is an BETA release for the GUS PnP Pro. If you own any other
soundcard don't bother using this sound driver.

To configure in your /sys/i386/conf/<kernel-file>
controller	snd0
device gus0 at isa? port  0x220 irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x3 vector gusintr

Dont use dma channels greater than 4 because the driver is not
going to work.

To unpack:
cd /sys/i386/isa
mv sound sound.old
tar -xzf guspnp.tar.gz

When I managed to get dmas greater than 5 to work then all you will need
to configure the gus pnp is :
	controller snd0
	device gus0 at isa?  vector gusintr

You can download the new driver from:

 ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp.tar.gz

I shall be away must of this weekend however I expect to be back
late Sunday.

	Amancio