Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:07:21 +0200
From:      Michel TALON <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suspend/resume

Hello,
I have already posted this here, but in the meantime i have
read another message in cubfm of a guy with a similar problem:
on my Dell Inspiron 3500 doing suspend and then resume, the
pcmcia network card is not reset properly. This happens only
since FreeBSD-4.7-RELEASE. I have options PCIC_RESUME_RESET in
kernel config file. With FreeBSD-4.6.2 i had no problem.
Now i have to remove the card and reinsert it to regain network
connectivity. The card is a ne2000 clone using the ed driver.
The other guy has exactly the same problem with another model
of Dell Inspiron.
Any idea?
Thanks a lot.

PS:
Here is the dmesg after boot. I find it a little strange.
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
pccard: card removed, slot 1
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
IP Filter: v3.4.29 initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = enabled
ed0 at port 0x240-0x25f irq 11 flags 0x10 slot 1 on pccard1
ed0: address 00:80:c8:ba:87:88, type NE2000 (16 bit)

--

Michel TALON