Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:44:04 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror rebuild does not accept full path to provider

On 08/01/06 15:38, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> I am not so experienced user of gmirror, but as I read man pages and
> some online HowTo, I think this is a bug.
>
> # gmirror rebuild -v gm0 /dev/ad5
> No such provider: /dev/ad5
> # gmirror rebuild -v gm0 ad5
> GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider ad5 disconnected.
> GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider ad5 detected.
> GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: rebuilding provider ad5.
> Done.
>
> Is it expected?
>
> Other commands (gmirror label, gmirror insert, etc.) accept full path.

I think support was committed to the 6.x tree a couple weeks ago:

pjd         2006-07-16 15:43:52 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     sys/geom/mirror      g_mirror_ctl.c
   Log:
   MFC:    sys/geom/mirror/g_mirror_ctl.c  1.17

   Always allow to specify components with /dev/ prefix.

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.11.2.3  +4 -2      src/sys/geom/mirror/g_mirror_ctl.c