Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:39:37 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Weird config problem with metacity in 2.6

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
> Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:28:04 -0400
>
> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:55, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > After I upgrading several systems to 2.6, I ran into an odd problem with
> > metacity configuration. On both other systems I edited the
> > /apps/metacity/general/action_double_click_titlebar to
> > "toggle_shade". But, on one system that key is a boolean! The action of a
> > double click is to maximize, the default in 2.6.
> >
> > Any idea why this happened? And, more importantly, how can I get things
> > back to normal? I can't seem to edit the key to change it's type and I'm
> > still looking for where it comes from.
>
> Applications > Desktop Preferences > Windows

I',m already a step ahead. I tried this before trying gconf-editor as
this didn't work. When I try this I get an error window stating:
An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
gnome-window-properties. Some of your configuration settings may not
work properly.

Details tell me:
Type mismatch: Expected `string' got `bool' for key
/apps/metacity/general/action_double_click_titlebar

This is exactly what I see in gconf-editor. I was looking for the master
information that makes
/apps/metacity/general/action_double_click_titlebar a boolean instead of
a string.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)