Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 15:32:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        mark@linus.demon.co.uk (Mark Valentine)
Subject:   Re: can't mount "gold" CDs written by Yamaha recorder

As Mark Valentine wrote:

> I've tried this both with a mode 1 and mode 2 burn (ISO9660 file system
> with Rock Ridge extensions).

> Any evidence for punting my recorder software/hardware back to the vendor
> and buying an HP4020i like I wanted in the first place will be gratefully
> received too!

Create an iso9660 image using mkisofs on your FreeBSD box, transfer it
to the burner machine, and burn this one.  Then you know who's the
culprit.

Sorry, nobody was stepping forward to bother Yamaha to release their
programming information.  Hence, FreeBSD doesn't support burning CD-R's
on a Yamaha directly.  (Otherwise this would have been something to try
for you as well.)

--
cheers, J"org