Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:52:13 -0500
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Opinions on IDE Hard Drives

Reading several FreeBSD mailing lists gives me the impression
that at least some people think IDE drives are just fine for your
average user. However, although I have seen specific brands of
SCSI drives discussed, I don't recall seeing recommendations on
IDE hard drives; hence the purpose of this posting is to solicit
your opinions on reliable, fast ide hard drives. With Christmas
on the horizon, I just may be able to score some new hardware.

Of course, if your view is that IDE is just not worth it, please
post as well.

Happy Holidays

Greg