Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 1995 20:16:27 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Another rushed beta test?

>From what I can gather we are going to have another rushed
beta test.  By that I mean that there will be something like
a week beta test of the final product before it is pressed
onto CD.  Is this correct?

And, btw, I don't think that SNAPs qualify as beta-test
targets, since they are activly developed between their
releases.  They are more like alpha releases.  A beta test
is supposed to test the final product to verify the
*non-existence* of critical bugs...  I don't have the
resources to test alpha-quality software whereas I
*can* test beta-quality software, give adequate time
(which means more than just one week).  Testing software
implies *cost* for many otherwise willing people who
*could* give valuable input if this were handled
differently.

This is disapointing because I was led to believe that
things would be different this time.

Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 598 4480, Fax: +1 617 598 4430 Net: witr@rwwa.COM
     R.W. Withrow Associates, 319 Lynnway Suite 201, Lynn MA 01901 USA